Some lineup stuff prior to tonight’s game against Philadelphia
Oilers lineup vs. Flyers:— Tony Brar (@TonyBrarOTV) October 27, 2021
Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Kassian
Perlini - Shore - Turris
Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie
If these are the players on my team, this is probably the optimal lineup for these players.
- Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl are still apart, and that’s a good thing. The Oilers have a killer top line with McDavid, Hyman and Puljujärvi. This line had an excellent two games on the road, and they look to continue that success back home. I know there was some talk that Tippett might pair Draisaitl and McDavid together at home. For now, that doesn’t look to be the case.
- The DRY line remains intact. Tough to argue with those cookies.
- The third line sticks, as it should. Devin Shore will centre Kyle Turris and Brendan Perlini on line four.
- Nurse / Bouchard ought to be the top pair on defence this year. Tyson Barrie is back at 3RD. Keith-Ceci hold at second pair.
- Mikko Koskinen gets his third start in a row, Mike Smith still on IR for now. Stuart Skinner will back up. Sixth win tonight? Let’s do it.