Edmonton Oilers @
02 October 2021
Stream the game on EdmontonOilers.com (seriously, this time they mean it)
The Oilers are back in action tonight after a 2-1 OTL against the Kraken in Everett last night. Many Oiler fans were shut out of the action because the stream didn’t work, let’s hope for a better outcome tonight versus Winnipeg. The Oilers will ice a more veteran lineup in today’s contest, let’s see what’s cookin’.
Oilers lineup vs. Jets:— Tony Brar (@TonyBrarOTV) October 2, 2021
Foegele – McDavid – Puljujarvi
RNH – Draisaitl – Kassian
Perlini – Shore – Turris
Sceviour – McLeod – Griffith
Nurse – Bouchard
Lagesson – Ceci
Broberg – Berglund
- Warren Foegele gets some top line treatment tonight with Connor McDavid and Jesse Puljujärvi. I had mentioned earlier in the week when Zach Hyman was on a line with Derek Ryan that the Oilers might be tinkering with the idea of having three scoring lines, or just tryin’ out things if the club decided to put Connor McDavid together with Leon Draisaitl for a minute. Seeing Foegele on the top line gets the wheels turning a little bit again. Could the Oilers think about putting Nugent-Hopkins on the third line with Hyman some time this year?
- Brendan Perlini now has four goals in three games preseason games. I tend not to put a lot of weight into preseason, but if you’re going to play well in preseason, it never hurts. When Perlini signed his deal with the Oilers, I had him competing with Devin Shore for ice time. If he turns in a solid effort tonight, I think he’s got one of the 14 forward positions nailed down.
- Zack Kassian gets a turn on a line with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Leon Draisaitl. I wondered aloud if the club tries Kassian on this line to try and shake things up from time to time. We’ll see what it looks like tonight.
- On defence, the Oilers pair Darnell Nurse with Evan Bouchard, which, coincidentally, might be where we end up by game 20 of the regular season. Philip Broberg and Filip Berglund will pair for a Phil/Fil duo.
- In goal, we’ve got MIkko Koskinen and Stuart Skinner doing the deed. The Jets are playing some of their vets tonight; Mark Scheifele will be in, so will Nikolaj Ehlers and Evgeny Svechnikov. Skinner did very well for the Oilers as he turned aside 39 of 41 Kraken shots last night. I’d expect Mikko to go the distance tonight.
Let’s all have fun out there.