Had the pleasure of joining guest-host Jim Brown on CBC’s Alberta at Noon radio program on Monday afternoon. Along with freelance writer Vikki Hall, we discussed the NHL’s return-to-play plan.
Full segment is here: CBC Alberta at Noon (2020, July 27)
Topics we covered:
- Leading up to phase four of the NHL’s return to play plan, what our expectations were and our thoughts on how things have rolled out thus far.
- Key storylines in Edmonton and Calgary heading into their qualifier series against Chicago and Winnipeg, respectively.
- The feeling in Edmonton about being a hub city and the limited benefits to the city and its residents for hosting.
- The impact of playing in a bubble on the players and how their performance might be impacted by the season’s pause.
- How the NHL aims to prevent outbreaks and what we expect would happen if a positive case is found.
- What the fan experience will be like and the NHL’s opportunity to grow the game.
- Our expectations of the Oilers and Flames, and which team we expect to go further in the playoffs.
Big thanks to CBC and the wonderful team that put it all together!