Friday, 20 September 2019
7 PM MST
Radio: 630 CHED
The Edmonton Oilers are back in action tonight after a completely forgettable performance against the Vancouver Canucks last night. Cooper Marody scored the lone Oilers tally in a 6-1 finish that saw six different Canucks find the scoresheet. Mikko Koskinen yielded four goals in a shaky two period performance that he’ll no doubt be looking to put behind him.
The Oilers are Back At It tonight as they host the Calgary Flames at Rogers Place. Will we see more goals?
Let’s go to the tape.
The Oilers are saying
A lot of the bounces we didn’t like, and all you can do right now is watch the tape, reflect on what you can do better, and come to the rink prepared tomorrow to work hard and bounce back.
That’s Oilers forward Cooper Marody on the club’s 6-1 loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday night.
Marody was the lone scorer for the Oilers, while six different Canucks found the scoresheet. The Oilers look for a little more success tonight with a visit from their provincial rivals.
The Flames are saying
“I’m really excited for the opportunity. They’re obviously top guys in the league...”
That’s Dillon Dube on getting his chance to play with Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan in Wednesday’s 6-4 victory over the San Jose Sharks.
Dube finished with a goal and an assist in Calgary’s victory. If you’re going to make an impression, swing.
HAVE SOME OF THIS
The #Oilers have also placed the following players on waivers for the purpose of assignment to the @Condors:— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) September 20, 2019
• Josh Currie
• Joseph Gambardella
• Keegan Lowe
• Brad Malone
There are now 33 players remaining at Training Camp – 3 goaltenders, 11 defencemen & 19 forwards.
- Any surprises here? Maybe a couple. I’m surprised to see Cooper Marody get shipped so soon. Maybe Tyler Benson? Still here: Evan Bouchard and Joel Persson. Also, everyone that Holland signed this offseason.
- The Flames are going with an AHL heavy lineup tonight.
- Mikko Koskinen is going to get some time in this evening’s game. He had a rough go of it last game (he allowed 4 goals in two periods), so he’ll no doubt be looking to shake off the early seaons jitters. Tonight’s a good time to do that.
- Speaking of goaltenders, Mike Smith is ready to rejoin the team after having the flu. Not sure if he gets in tonight, but you can expect him to get some reps in before too long.
- Leon Draisaitl is getting his first preseason action on the top line with Joakim Nygard and Zack Kassian. Evan Bouchard looks more and more like he’ll be here on October 2nd.
- PTO Anton Burdasov will make his preseason debut on line 2 with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Sam Gagner,
Joakim Nygard - Leon Draisaitl - Zack Kassian
Anton Burdasov - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Sam Gagner
Jujhar Khaira - Riley Sheahan - Josh Archibald
Markus Granlund - Gaetan Haas - Patrick Russell
Darnell Nurse - Adam Larsson
William Lagesson - Evan Bouchard
Brandon Manning - Ethan Bear