@ Edmonton Oilers
Thursday, 19 September 2019
7 PM MST
TV: Sportsnet 1
Radio: 630 CHED
Oilers back home after suffering 4-2 loss to Canucks on Tuesday in BC
Since Tuesday, there have been a handful of cuts. There’s also been a PTO tossed out to Anton Burdasov. The Oilers will play their third preseason game of the 2019-20 calendar as they continue to tweak and trim their lineup in preparation for their October 2nd opener against Vancouver.
The Oilers are saying:
I’m working really hard and doing my best to be noticeable out there on the ice and do good things
That’s Oilers forward Tomas Jurco after his two point night Tuesday against Vancouver.
Listening to Oilers head coach Dave Tippett will lead you to believe that Jurco is a candidate for one of a few spots available on the bottom six this year. Can he continue to put points up on the board?
The Canucks are saying
He’s a talented player, a key contributor to our offence and an important part of our team’s future. We look forward to having Brock join the team in preparation for the upcoming season
That’s Canucks GM Jim Benning after re-signing Brock Boeser to a three year deal at just under 6MM AAV.
Brock Boeser is a big ol’ part of Vancouver’s offence. In 69 games, he finished third in scoring on the Canucks last season with 56 points (26-30-56).
Nygard-McLeod-Neal— Reid Wilkins (@ReidWilkins) September 19, 2019
is expected lineup tonight.
HAVE SOME OF THIS
- Anton Burdasov is the newest winger on the block in Edmonton. Burdasov scored 31 points with Ufa (KHL) in 2018-19. In a few words, he’s a winger, he’s also a big dude with a big shot. He’s not in tonight’s lineup, but don’t be surprised if we see him soon.
- TIME TO SHINE: Tonight is the first game action we’ll see from Mikko Koskinen this preseason. No pressure, but Koskinen is one of the cogs in the wheel that will have to play lights out if this team’s serious about playing hockey past the first week in April. Koskinen is scheduled to split duty with Shane Starrett.
- Klefbom/Persson gets another turn tonight after teaming up earlier in the week versus Winnipeg. Is this a pair we could see during the regular season?
- Tomas Jurco will try to keep his name fresh in Ken Holland’s mind. After a two point performance in Edmonton’s 4-2 loss to the Canucks in BC, he’ll form a trio with Cooper Marody and Alex Chiasson tonight.
- Ryan McLeod will play on the top line tonight. The 40th overall pick in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft, McLeod will form a trio with James Neal and Joakim Nygard.
The Oilers will likely be trimming their roster by the weekend.
Follow us for all the updates as they happen.