You’ve somehow made it to Friday on a short week. It’s time to reward yourself with a dip in the pool and some hotlinks.
- Here we are, on the 24th day of May in the year 2019. Are the Oilers going to hire Dave Tippett today, or will it be next week? Maybe tomorrow? (Oilers Nation)
- The Oilers have had a chequered history with Russian players. Now that Ken Holland is the man at the helm, does that change? (Lowetide)
- Slava Voynov’s suspension will now last just 41 games into the 2019-20 season. Check out Shona’s post from April about the varying messages the NHL sends when dealing with players accused of abuse, also check out Katie Strang’s piece over at The Athletic.
- The Oilers signed forward Joakim Nygård to a one year deal yesterday. I’ve got to figure out the hotkey to make that special “A” in Nygård’s last name instead of going to the character map each time. Nygård is fast. Very fast. (Copper and Blue)
- The Colorado Avalanche have some cap space and might be ready to dip their toes into an offer sheet situation. (Mile High Hockey)
Enjoy that weekend of yours. The Cup Finals begin on Monday.