You’re halfway through the week, and you deserve a break. Take that break and hop into today’s hotlinks.
- Martin Jones turned aside 25 out of 27 shots, and Logan Couture scored his first career playoff hat trick as the San Jose Sharks doubled up the Colorado Avalanche by a 4-2 margin. The Sharks lead the series 2-1. Game 4 will take place tomorrow in Colorado. (Fear the Fin)
- The series shifted to Columbus for game 3, and the Blue Jackets took it by a 2-1 score. Boone Jenner scored early for the Jackets, while Matt Duchene scored a power play goal midway through the second. Jake DeBrusk would halve the lead in the final minute of the second period, but Sergei Bobrovsky had a clean third. The Blue Jackets are two wins away from the Conference Championships. Game four will take place tomorrow in Columbus (The Cannon)
- The Oilers are trying to retain their season ticket holders with some perks, like discounts on food, and beverage, the creation of a monthly arena tour, and the option to attend open practices. If you’re on the fence about renewing, are these perks enough? (Copper and Blue)
- Depending on who you believe, the search for a new GM could go for a few more days, or a few more weeks. If the Oilers truly go out of the box, a new GM with no previous ties to the team could create some havoc with the roster this offseason. (Oilers Nation)
- New management is going to have to address the lack of scoring on this roster, and that might take place on July 1st. Should the Oilers go for a big splash, or a couple of lesser expensive forwards to make it happen? Can they realistically work out a trade? (Lowetide)