Just one game in the NHL last night, but there’s plenty of hotlinks this morning.
Let’s dive right in.
- Patrick Maroon (remember him?) busted a 3-3 tie late in the third period to put the Blues up for good. The Blues now lead the Dallas Stars by a 2-1 slate in their seven games series. Game 4 is Wednesday night in Dallas. The Blues are two games away from the conference finals. (St. Louis Game Time)
I've seen what the new jerseys will look like and I can say this:— Tyler Yaremchuk (@tyleryaremchuk) April 29, 2019
The mockup here by Marcel is 99.99% bang on. Great work!
This is what the Oilers will be introducing as third jerseys next season https://t.co/vTkhiEvw9A
- NEW THIRDS? That...is...something. The overall Twitter vibe was not especially kind to this mock-up. If this is something close to what the club plans on debuting next season, it may come with some resistance. Then again, if they pop off to six straight wins in these things, they’ll be the scarcest thing on the market.
- Remember that soft May 1st deadline to install the new Oilers GM? Yeah, well it turns out that everyone just realized that May 1st is tomorrow, and they’re going to need a little more time. Names we’ve seen? Keith Gretzky, Mark Hunter, Sean Burke, and Dark Horse. Not Ken Holland, which is grand. Maybe Dark Horse is really just Katy Perry.
- Dustin Nielson seems to think that we’re closer than we think to finding out who the next Oilers GM is. (Oilers Nation)
- No matter who the new GM is, that person is going to have their work cut out for them. The new GM would be wise to find a new body for the blue line, specifically a puck moving RH without coughing up a top player in return. (Lowetide)