The second round of the NHL playoffs are progressing. Carolina has jumped out to a 2-0 lead over the Islanders, while three other series are split at 1-all. It’s Monday, and the hotlinks are just screaming.
- The Carolina Hurricanes scored two goals in one minute early in the third period. Warren Foegle and Nino Niederreiter proved to be the difference makers while Curtis McElhinney turned aside all 17 shots he faced after coming in to relieve an injured Petr Mrazek. The Islanders have scored just one goal over the course of the past two games. The Hurricanes lead the series 2-0 and are headed home for game 3. Canes Country
- Nathan MacKinnon scored the game winner while Tyson Barrie had a goal and two assists for the Colorado Avalanche en route to their 4-3 victory over the San Jose Sharks. The Sharks and Avalanche are now tied in their series at 1-all. (Mile High Hockey)
- The NHL’s handling of supplemental discipline when related to domestic issues is wildly inconsistent. (Copper and Blue)
- Connor McDavid has been nominated for the Hart Trophy again. His opponents? Nikita Kucherov and Sidney Crosby. McDavid has either scored or assisted on half of Edmonton’s goals in 2018-19. Case closed. (Copper and Blue)
- Despite what you may have heard about any KHL rumours, Jesse Puljujarvi wants to play in the NHL next season. (Oilers Nation)
- The Bakersfield Condors are moving onto the second round of the Calder Cup Playoffs. They’ll face the San Diego Gulls and Dallas Eakins in round two. (Lowetide)
- Ken Hitchcock saw something special in Caleb Jones’ time in Edmonton during the 2018-19 season. Is he about to become a fixture on the Oilers’ blue line sooner than later? (The Athletic)