It took double overtime, but we are ready to move into round 2. Links o’ plenty:
- It took two overtimes for Carolina’s Jamie McGinn to push the Hurricanes over the defending Stanley Cup Champions. There are no division winners heading to the second round, which seems...odd. A kind reminder that it took just 90 points for Colorado to make it to the dance this year. (Canes Country)
- Round two is set. The Sharks will face Colorado. The Blues and Stars will face off. The Islanders and Hurricanes will begin battle on Friday, while the Bruins and Blue Jackets start tonight. Just like everyone predicted. Who will win? Clear as mud. Check out our staff picks later this afternoon and follow along.
- Talkin’ Todd McLellan with our friends from SB Nation’s Kings page Jewels From The Crown
- Overtime Vegas Drama: Did the five minute major against Cody Eakin cost the series for Vegas? (Oilers Nation)
- Kelly McCrimmon talk heated up again yesterday after Ryan Rishaug reminded everyone that the Oilers were going to go at least jingle the doorbell. What does this mean for Mark Hunter? (Lowetide)
Check back this afternoon for our Round 2 staff picks. I got eaten alive in round 1 (1 for 8, I did have St. Louis). You can forget about round one now, let’s make bank in round 2.