- Down 3-2 in the series, the Sharks defeated the Golden Knights in game six on the road. With a shorthanded goal. In double overtime. I don’t know if it gets much better than that. Tomas Hertl scores in the twelfth minute of the second overtime after Barclay Goodrow took a slashing penalty moments prior. Martin Jones turned aside 58 shots for the San Jose Sharks who are bringing it to the Shark Tank for game 7 of the series tomorrow. (Fear The Fin)
- More game six action! Down 3-2 in their series, the Bruins doubled up “Canada’s (only remaining, de facto) Team” by a 4-2 score in Toronto. The Bruins got a pair of first period power play goals from Brad Marchand and Torey Krug after going down 1-0 on a Leafs goal from Morgan Rielly. Jake DeBrusk made it 3-1 midway through the second period, the Bruins were able to hold on by a 4-2 score at the end. The Bruins and Leafs take it back to Boston for a deciding game 7 on Tuesday. (Stanley Cup of Chowder)
- Plenty of game six action tonight: Up 3-2, Dallas tries to close the door on Nashville deep in the heart of Texas. After a six goal outburst on Saturday night, the Capitals will get a crack at putting Carolina to bed tonight in Raleigh.
- GM WATCH: Bob Nicholson looks like he’s onto the callback portion of the interview process, as Mark Hunter got a second interview with the Oilers. Pat Verbeek got an interview as well. What kind of questions do you think Bob Nicholson is asking in the interviews? (Copper and Blue)
- Who (if anyone) on the Bakersfield Condors is ready to make the big club next year? (Oilers Nation)
- Zack Kassian played above his perceived value during his time with Connor McDavid this season. Is that Kassian taking a step, or is that the McDavid bump? (Lowetide)
How’s your bracket?
Really gonna miss seeing Calgary in the playoffs. Just feel terrible. Awful. The absolute worst. So sorry, so very sorry.