We’ve reached the other side of the week. You’re here for hotlinks (or you’re lost, one of the two.)
Let’s jump right in.
- The Colorado Avalanche came back from a two goal deficit to take care of the Calgary Flames in overtime. Mikko Rantanen tied it up with just a couple of minutes remaining in the third period, he’d also have the game winner midway through the first overtime. The Colorado Avalanche lead the Flames by 3-1, and they can wrap things up tomorrow night in Calgary. I’m going to be just gutted if the Flames drop game five. (Mile High Hockey)
- The Bruins / Leafs series is knotted at two-all after Boston picked up a pair of goals from David Pastrnak. Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron, and Charlie McAvoy picked up one each, and Joakim Nordstrom topped it off as the Bruins took a 6-4 win over the Leafs at home. (Stanley Cup of Chowder)
- The Dallas Stars blew the doors open in their 5-1 win over Nashville last night. Ben Bishop had 34 saves, while the Stars scored the game’s first five goals. Roope Hintz picked up a pair of goals in the romp. The series is tied at two-all. (Defending Big D)
- Leon Draisaitl is Edmonton’s nominee for the King Clancy Award for his humanitarian efforts within the community. (Copper and Blue)
- Barring a barrage of trades by a newly minted GM, Oiler fans are going to see plenty of youth on the roster come October. (Lowetide)
- Jordan Eberle’s killing it with the Islanders this year. Is there any way under any circumstance that he could find his way back to the Oilers in 2019-20? (Oilers Nation)
There’s plenty of action tonight. The Golden Knights could put the Sharks to bed with a W, while St. Louis and Winnipeg will see someone take the series lead. The Capitals look for a commanding 3-1 series lead against the Hurricanes tonight as well.