We’ve made it to the middle of the week. Two teams are eliminated in the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Let’s dive right in. Coffee, please.
- The Columbus Blue Jackets scored seven goals against Tampa Bay last night. They’ll take that series in a sweep. 62 regular season wins for Tampa Bay, none in this year’s playoffs. The Jackets will play the winners of the Bruins / Leafs series. (The Cannon)
- The Islanders swept the Penguins last night after taking game four by a 3-1 margin. Islanders winger and Former Oiler Jordan Eberle has four goals (4-2-6) in four games. (Lighthouse Hockey)
- The Golden Knights blew it up against the Sharks last night. San Jose was unable to score even a single goal in Vegas’ 5-0 romp. Vegas holds a 3-1 lead over the Sharks. (Knights on Ice)
- Kyle Connor scored in OT for the Jets, and Winnipeg ties the series with St. Louis up at 2-all. (Arctic Ice Hockey)
- The Kings have hired former Oilers bench boss Todd McLellan. McLellan will be unveiled as the 29th coach in the Kings’ history today. How much success will McLellan have with a roster that struggled mightily in 2018-19? (Copper and Blue)
- Got 26 minutes to spare? Wanna watch all of Leon Draisaitl’s 50 goals? (Oilers Nation)
- MORE CRUNCH: The Oilers need several positions filled on the cheap if they want to be competitive in the 2019-20 season. Can the Oilers find their new Glen Sather and make it all happen? (Lowetide)
Did anyone have Columbus in round one? The Avalanche try to make it 3-1 tonight with a big game 4 victory over Calgary. One can wish.