The 2019 NHL Trade Deadline has come and gone with not so much as a whimper. The Oilers began their “must win” portion of the season last night, and...it didn’t turn out quite the way we might have liked. Half a surprise is better than none, I guess.
Here’s some hotlinks to get you movin’ this morning.
- Keith Gretzky recaps Edmonton’s non-movement on deadline day. At least the club gets to keep 20 more games of Alex Chiasson instead of getting an asset for him. (Edmonton Oilers)
- More trade blahs - Bruce McCurdy isn’t too impressed with the lack of activity from the Oilers. (Edmonton Journal)
- Meanwhile, Vegas acquired Mark Stone for a pretty fair wage. (Knights on Ice)
- The Predators found themselves Wayne Simmonds in the dying moments of deadline day (On The Forecheck)
MISC: NOT LINKS
- Leon Draisaitl scored his 37th and 38th goals last night. That’s on pace for well over 40 on the year.
- Connor McDavid is back in the lineup tomorrow. That’s a sigh of relief. The Oilers will be in (checks notes...) Toronto. That’ll be fun, yeah?