Edmonton Oilers @
6 PM MST
Bell MTS Place
TV: OilersTV™ (AB/SK/NWT/NU)
Radio: 630 CHED
OFF TO THE PEG
The Oilers iced a bunch of sure-fire NHLers in their 7-3 victory over the Jets’ B-squad on Thursday night. Ty Rattie had a couple of goals, Connor McDavid had four points, and the Oilers capitalized on a four goal third period en route to a blowout. The tables will be turned tonight in Winnipeg, as the Oilers will face a top heavy Jets club. Can the Oilers take both games of a preseason home-at-home?
Let’s go to the tape.
The Oilers are saying
The more you play, the more comfortable you get...As the game progressed I got more and more comfortable”
That’s 2018 first round draft pick Evan Bouchard on his performance in Edmonton’s 7-3 victory over Winnipeg on Thursday night. Bouchard had one assist in his club’s win.
Evan Bouchard was the Oilers defeceman with the most ice time on Thursday (22:50). There’s a fair shot he makes the club out of camp and gets at least a nine game stint on the big club.
The Jets are saying
Tonight I’m playing the left wing, I played the right wing the first game I played. We’re talking maybe centre eventually. Anywhere he wants me to be, I’ll just get in there and give it all I have.
That’s Jets forward Mathieu Perreault on getting shuffled throughout the lineup. Utility!
Jets coach Paul Maurice has Perreault pencilled in on the second line with Bryan Little and Patrik Laine. Having a player like Perreault makes things a lot easier when the coach can slide him around the lineup. Need him at centre? No sweat. Wing? That too. Maybe he can play goal. Should probably find out.
Oilers expected lines tonight:— Reid Wilkins (@ReidWilkins) September 23, 2018
Six D are Nurse, Benning, Gravel, Garrison, Jerabek, Bear.
Koskinen backed up by Montoya.
HAVE SOME OF THIS
- Love me some of that McLeod / Yamamoto combination. Yamamoto is second on the team with four points (2-2-4) in two games, while McLeod has two assists in three games played. Yeah yeah, it’s preseason, and it doesn’t count for anything, but I’m expecting Yamamoto’s performance to keep him on the main club out of camp. I’ve got McLeod hanging around until the end of camp.
- Jesse Puljujarvi has had himself a fine training camp of his own. He’s got two goals in two games, and he’ll be paired up with Ryan Strome and Jujhar Khaira to start the night.
- Caggiula / Brodziak / Kassian is a pretty good nomination for your fourth line at any given time during the 2018-19 season, while Brad Malone / Cooper Marody / Pontus Aberg is your fourth line for tonight.
- The Jets are full of fire power tonight. Mark Scheifele, Patrik Laine, Blake Wheeler, and Dustin Byfuglien are all dressed for Winnipeg. The Oiler defence will have their work cut out for them.
- Mikko Koskinen is expected to play a full sixty in goal for the Oilers tonight. He’ll look to have a nicer second outing than he did last week versus Calgary where he allowed three goals on nineteen shots. Al Montoya will back up.