Winnipeg Jets @
7 PM MST
TV: OilersTV™ (AB/SK/NWT/NU)
Radio: 630 CHED
Edmonton got two goals from Ty Rattie (!), en route to a 4-2 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night. Cam Talbot made a ten-bell save that everyone’s taken notice of, and it’s hard to believe that we’re just a little more than two weeks away from the season opener on October 6th.
The Oilers host the Winnipeg Jets this evening, and you’ll be able to catch it on OilersTV™ if you’re within the broadcast area. What can we expect to see tonight?
Let’s go to the tape.
The Oilers are saying:
We just talked about keeping it simple for the first couple of shifts and we’d go from there...I think it was great playing with him. Playing with the better players in a way is easier. Guys know where to be and they make the right play, and like I said it was easier in some aspects playing with a guy like him and other NHLers..
That’s Oilers forward prospect Cooper Marody after Edmonton’s 4-2 victory over the Vancouver Canucks. Marody had four shots, Rattie had two goals.
The Jets are saying
“What we won’t do this year is the last game against New Jersey won’t be our full team. We always tried to time that.”
That’s Jets head coach Paul Maurice on his team’s schedule. The Jets play quite a few back-to-backs this preseason, one of them starts with tonight’s match in Edmonton. The Jets will then race home to host the Flames tomorrow.
Have some of this
Jets are leaving their A team at home for Oiler game, at least at forward. Either Laurent Brossoit or Eric Comrie in net. If Oilers want to see how Mikko Koskinen is in game 2 might want to see big Wpg squad there Sunday for real test— Jim Matheson (@NHLbyMatty) September 20, 2018
- I’m with Big Jim on this one. I thought Mikko Koskinen’s Oiler debut wasn’t great, but am willing to chalk it up to nerves / new team / didn’t take his Otrivin that day. If the Jets are rolling with their B squad tonight, save Mikko for Sunday in Winnipeg.
- B MOVIE - Jets are starting Eric Comrie in net tonight. Former Oiler Laurent Brossoit may make an appearance as well.
- Darnell Nurse makes his return to the lineup tonight.
- Cam Talbot is scheduled to play the entire game
- Ryan McLeod is in for Ryan Strome. McLeod is having a heck of a preseason, let’s see what he can do between Khaira and Puljujarvi.
- Hey, that’s Connor McDavid. He should be good for about six goals tonight.
Top two lines:
RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS - CONNOR MCDAVID - TY RATTIE
MILAN LUCIC - LEON DRAISAITL - TOBIAS RIEDER (projected)
Oilers top two lines will play. McLeod with Khaira and Puljujarvi and Chiasson-Marody-Aberg is other line.— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) September 20, 2018