Edmonton Oilers (0-0-0, 0 points, Preseason)
Calgary Flames (0-0-1, 1 point, Preseason)
7 PM MST
TV: OilersTV™ (in AB/SK/NWT/NU area)
Radio: 630 CHED
On the back end, projected #Oilers pairings are Gravel-Bear, Stanton-Bouchard & Lagesson-Day, while Koskinen & Starrett are the expected goaltending tandem.— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) September 17, 2018
- I’ve got Connor withdrawl. Maybe tomorrow versus the Canucks?
- Three prospects were returned to their junior clubs last night - winger Kirill Maksimov, defenceman Dmitri Samorukov, and goaltender Olivier Rodrique. The Oilers still have nearly sixty skaters, there are plenty more cuts to come in the days ahead.
- Look for 2018 second round selection Ryan McLeod to get at least a preseason game or two before heading back to Mississauga (OHL). McLeod is one I’m excited about, he’s a dart on the ice and he’s been killing it with the Steelheads.
- Darnell Nurse is still without a contract. There’s talk that he may be looking north of 4MM for one year (source), though the Oilers are probably looking somewhere closer to what Winnipeg’s Josh Morrissey signed for (3.15 x 2 years). Nurse could be holding out for a one year deal, which would give him arbitration rights in 2019-20. (Edit: He’s signed for two years at 3.2MM AAV)
- Who’s in goal? Could it be Mikko Koskinen? Early reports are that he’s actually twelve feet tall. I look forward to see some in-game action from the man who could potentially challenge Cam Talbot in 2018-19.
- Flames are coming off a 4-3 shootout loss in China on Saturday night. I’m not normally concerned with jet lag after a day’s rest, but there’s a fourteen hour difference from Alberta to Shanghai. The Flames went with their ‘A’ team in China, so they’ll probably be putting out mostly prospects tonight.