Edmonton Oilers Rookies
Calgary Flames Rookies
7 PM MST
ENMAX Centre (Red Deer)
Radio: 630 CHED
David Gust - Ryan McLeod - Kailer Yamamoto
Nolan Vesey - Colin Larkin - Kiril Maksimov
Joseph Gambardella - Tyler Vesel - Cameron Hebig
Ryan Van Stralen - Luke Esposito - Evan Polei
Caleb Jones - Evan Bouchard / Dmitri Samorukov
Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin - Ethan Bear
Jake Kulevich - William Lagesson
Jared Wilson - Logan Day
- Oilers are back at it after taking the NAIT/MacEwan club down by a 9-1 margin last night. The shots were ridiculously skewed 68-17 in favour of the Oilers rookies. Anyone who watched that game is pining for the U of A game again.
- Caleb Jones had four points in last night’s exercise (2-2-4), while 2018 second round pick Ryan McLeod had a three point output. Dylan Wells had twelve saves in two periods.
- Kailer Yamamoto looks to be tonight’s lineup on the top line with the previously mentioned McLeod. McLeod is one I’ll be keeping tabs on throughout the 2018-19 season, as I expect him to have a monster season for the Steelheads.
- KEEP YOUR EYE ON: Ethan Bear. Bear is in the mix among a few defencemen (including 2018 first round selection Evan Bouchard) looking for a chance to start the season on the big club. In the event that Darnell Nurse is out of camp for any length of time, Bear’s chances of making the big club could each day.
- Goaltending (or lack thereof) played a distinct part in Edmonton’s 7-3 loss to the Flames rookies on Sunday night. 2018 third round selection Olivier Rodirique is expected to start between the pipes for the Oilers rookies tonight.