Just a reminder: tomorrow's the deadline for a whole bunch of players to sign ELCs or else re-enter the draft.— Jonathan Willis (@JonathanWillis) May 31, 2018
Presumably we'll see one or two trades in the next 24 hours.
New month, new weekend coming down the pipe. Here are your hot links for this Friday morning.
- The Oilers are hoping a top four defenceman can fall into their laps, though Chiarelli might hold off on committing another back breaker of a deal. Short of a little tinkering, this might be the best option for the club. (Lowetide)
- Former Oilers interim head and assistant coach Todd Nelson becomes an assistant coach for the Dallas Stars. Nelson spent the last three years coaching Grand Rapids. (Michigan Live)
- Bring me Phil Kessel. Trade a bunch of bad contracts to bring me Phil Kessel. (Oil On Whyte)
- UPDATE: Norm Lacombe’s Stanley Cup ring has been returned. The man accused of stealing it was found wearing it. Brilliant. (Global)
Washington’s answer to Vegas's Stanley Cup pregame festivities?— Washington Post (@washingtonpost) June 1, 2018
• Fall Out Boy
• Pat Sajakhttps://t.co/mwho7aJuvE
That’s about all for today. Scouting combine continues in Buffalo through tomorrow, game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals takes place tomorrow night.