New York Rangers (29-30-6), (8th, Metropolitan)
Edmonton Oilers (27-33-4) (6th, Pacific)
Radio: 630 CHED
Cammalleri-RNH-Aberg— Bob Stauffer (@Bob_Stauffer) March 3, 2018
Caggiula extra forward
- THE KID IS HOT TONIGHT: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins makes his triumphant return to the lineup after recovering from cracked ribs. Nugent-Hopkins has been out since mid January, he’ll start on what I’m calling the second line with Mike Cammalleri and Pontus Aberg.
- Ethan Bear will play in his second straight game, he’ll pair with Andrej Sekera.
- If Lucic is thinking about getting a goal, tonight might be his best night in the next little while. Tired Rangers club with fresh-faced goaltender could make for a good game for the home club.
- Henrik Lundqvist has gotten his work in recently. Over the past two games, Lundqvist has made 100 saves out of 106 shots. That’s a wad of shots. Also, a wad of saves. Lundqvist turned aside 50 against Calgary in a 3-1 win last night, he also turned away 50 in a 6-5 win against Vancouver on Monday. Lundqvist ought to be packed in ice tonight as the Rangers are going with Alexander Georgiev (0-2-0, .922 SV% / 3.04 GAA). Cam Talbot will start for the Oilers (22-25-2, .903 SV% / 3.13 GAA / 1 SO).
- Connor McDavid needs exactly 23 points in the next 18 games for back-to-back 100 point seasons.
- This one might be a good one to watch. Might be. #goilers