Edmonton Oilers (31-36-4) (6th, Pacific)
Tampa Bay Lightning (48-19-4), (1st, Atlantic)
3 PM MT
St. Pete Times Forum
TV: Sportsnet West
Radio: 630 CHED
- Connor McDavid had three points (he’s got 89 on the year) and Ty Rattie had a goal in yesterday’s 4-2 victory over Florida. The regulation win puts a significant dent into Florida’s playoff chances (they sit at 46.7% as of this moment, down from around 70% yesterday). The Oilers? Hey, they’re trying to go 2 for 2 in Florida this weekend during matinee games. Things truly are looking up. Sure.
- This is the game that turns the fifth round pick into the fourth round pick. Al Montoya is in net for the Oilers today. The Lightning are likely to counter with Peter Budaj, as they’re also on the second half of a back to back. Tampa scored zero goals in a 3-0 loss to Boston yesterday. Two tired hockey teams? Why not?
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored his 20th goal of the season. Hey, that’s not bad. He’s the third leading scorer on this team, and he missed six weeks due to cracked ribs.
“They took me to the quiet room. Thank God I scored shitty on my original (concussion) test." -- Oilers winger Zack Kassian on how he made it through concussion protocol and got back in the game Saturday.— Rob Tychkowski (@Rob_Tychkowski) March 17, 2018
- Zack Kassian is out for tonight.
- The Lightning, they’re good. They’re real good. They’ve got the second ranked power play in the league. Fortunately for the Oilers, look who’s not in last place anymore!