Edmonton Oilers (30-36-4) (6th, Pacific)
Florida Panthers (35-26-7), (4th, Atlantic)
12 PM MT
TV: Sportsnet West
Radio: 630 CHED
LET’S DO IT
- Matinee games! Today and tomorrow! What fun!
- Connor McDavid is up to 86 points. That’s good, he’s got only a dozen more games to get to the century mark.
- Oilers are looking to play spoiler everywhere they can in the last dozen games of the season. Today, they’ll get a chance to shove the Florida Panthers further away from the playoff limelight in the Eastern Conference. With 77 points and a game in hand, Florida is three points away from the second wild card spot currently held by New Jersey. They’re four away from Columbus. This is a game that the Panthers would love to win.
Lucic on a line w/Strome & Puljujarvi. Draisaitl w/Caggiula & Slepyshev. Khaira centres Pakarinen & Kassian.— Jack Michaels (@EdmontonJack) March 16, 2018
- Coach said not to look too much into these lines, but 27-16-98 is giving me the vapours.
- SAY HELLO, WAVE GOODBYE: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Connor McDavid are your top guns on the top line. Pontus Aberg had a couple of games in a ridealong, but it’s Ty Rattie who completes the right side today. I’m just thinking out loud here, but I’d probably like to see Jesse Puljujarvi on that line. Maybe tomorrow.
- How are the Panthers doing? They’re 12th overall in goals per game (3.01), but they’re 23rd overall in goals against (3.07). Florida’s power play clocks in at 19th overall (20.1), their PK is 15th at 80.4%.
- Can someone get a handle on Vincent Trocheck? Guy had a hat trick when the Panthers were in Edmonton earlier this year.
- Cam Talbot will start for the Oilers today. Expect Roberto Luongo for the Panthers.