Edmonton Oilers (23-24-3) (6th, Pacific)
Los Angeles Kings (28-19-5) 5th, Pacific)
830 PM MDT
TV: Sportsnet West
Radio: 630 CHED
- Who changed the font over here? I ain’t with it.
- Kings riding the hot hand with Darcy Kuemper in net tonight. Kuemper hasn’t allowed a goal in over 170 minutes. That’s not too bad. Couple this with LA’s stingy defence and number one ranked power play and we’d better hope Connor McDavid has another five point night in him.
- Cam Talbot (unsurprisingly) getting another start for the Oilers
- Was Monday night’s game a fluke for the Oilers? Six goals! Four McDavid goals! Iiro Pakarinen scored. The power play was decent. The penalty kill wasn’t a giant bag of garbage. Improvement? Maybe. Tampa Bay was on their final game of eight straight away from home and everything was going just fine for Edmonton. Six goals would be an acceptable effort tonight. I think we could all live with that.
- AFTER TONIGHT: A win in regulation would be a big help to the Oilers, who will find themselves in Anaheim on Friday night and San Jose on Saturday.