The Oilers are in full-on death march mode right now. I can’t imagine a more restless time to be an Oiler fan since the spring of 2007. You’ll remember spring 2006, no doubt. 2007 wasn’t any fun at all. Ryan Smyth went to the Islanders for jangly bits of change, the team was miles away from the second season, and it would begin a playoff drought that would turn 10 years old before it was shattered.
Can we talk about the roster today?
Oiler lines:— Jack Michaels (@EdmontonJack) February 27, 2018
Kassian did not finish Anaheim game and isn’t skating this morning.
- This is some Toby Petersen ish. I realize that the club traded Mark Letestu and Patrick Maroon, but, wow. This is exceptionally poor. With last year’s MVP and Leon Draisaitl being two exceptions, just, holy cow this is ridiculous. How does a team with 97 and 29 on it look so terrible?
- Milan Lucic is back on top, baby. Hasn’t scored a goal since before Christmas, but there is is! Top line! Top of the world! Pismo Beach! All the clams you can eat!
- Hasn’t Ryan Strome been scoring goals? Of course he should be put on 3C with Jesse Puljujarvi on his off wing and the new kid getting his first look.
- OF COURSE TY RATTIE SHOULD BE PLAYING 2RW INSTEAD OF JESSE PULJUJARVI. NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE.
- Jujhar Khaira’s been looking solid as well. Saddle him with the fourth line? I guess he’s the only guy around to do it.
- Ethan Bear has been called up. I wish you well.
The Oilers are in San Jose to take on the Sharks tonight. Puck drop is 8:30 local / 10:30 Eastern. We are going to have fun tonight. You can bet on it.