Edmonton Oilers (27-31-4) (7th, Pacific)
San Jose Sharks (33-21-9) (2nd, Pacific)
TV: Sportsnet Oilers
Radio: 630 CHED
These lines are something else tonight. The Oilers put their three game win streak on the line against a San Jose club that acquired Evander Kane during yesterday’s trade deadline. Let’s have a peek.
- First line: Lucic somehow is on the top line back with McDavid. Anton Slepyshev gets some time along 97, which is a good look. Lucic has fallen off a cliff so precipitously, my only hope is that something, anything can get him back to a 50 point year.
- Second line: Mike Cammalleri to the left, Ty Rattie to the right. Leon’s on line two, make up your own Stealers Wheel joke.
- Third line looks like Jesse Puljujarvi - Ryan Strome - Pontus Aberg. If you’re keeping score at home, Strome’s been having a pretty good go of it lately, let’s put him with 98 on his off wing and the new guy on the right. Brilliant!
- Fourth line features Drake Caggiula - Jujhar Khaira and Iiro Pakarinen. It’s the most normal looking line of the lot.
- Ethan Bear has been called up, he could go if Kris Russell (hand) is held back.
- Connor McDavid needs 26 points in 20 games to reach 100 points in back-to-back seasons.
- Cam Talbot starts for the Oilers. Shake them dice.