Colorado Avalanche (32-23-4) (6th, Central)
Edmonton Oilers (24-31-4) (7th, Pacific)
TV: Sportsnet One
Radio: 630 CHED
IT’S GAME TIME, HERE ARE SOME WORDS ABOUT IT
- Cam Talbot is between the pipes for the Oilers. Semyon Varlamov is in for Colorado.
- Ryan Strome is on a two game scoring streak!
- The Avalanche are precipitously close to the second wild card spot in the Western Conference. A win would put them there for now. A loss would gain the Oilers their 25th win of the season.
- Patrick Maroon has a lower body injury and will not be in the lineup tonight. He’s expected to be on the road trip to California beginning over the weekend (and will probably be dealt sometime during that very road trip)
Oiler lines vs COL:— Jack Michaels (@EdmontonJack) February 23, 2018
- ...time for Milan Lucic on the first line again. Lucic hasn’t scored a point in a month, and he’s without a goal in two months.
- ...time for a second line of Mike Cammalleri, Ryan Strome and Anton Slepyshev. I’ve ridden Strome like a horse so far this year, but he’s at least got a two game goal streak going for him. Oilers are hoping Slepyshev can start producing at a regular rate, and Mike Cammalleri...is there.
- ...time for Jesse Puljujarvi to play 3LW? Nope. Iiro Pakarinen on 3RW isn’t winning me over either.
- ...time for Yohann Auvitu to play forward. I knew I should’ve pregamed this one.