Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Here are your Monday morning hotlinks, fresh and piping.
- Pontus Aberg was claimed by the Ducks just a few days ago. He’s back on waivers once again. (Oilers Nation)
- Contributors to our very own Copper and Blue discuss the upcoming season for your Edmonton Oilers (Part 1, Copper and Blue)
- Bakersfield’s opening weekend was a tale of two teams. Some hot, some not. (The Oilers Rig)
- The Oilers do pretty well when Connor McDavid is on the ice. The Oilers have to get better when Connor McDavid is off the ice if they want to improve in the standings. (Lowetide)
Goals are back in fashion. So are Members Only jackets. Ask your parents.
- Andrei Svechnikov scored his first NHL goal last night in Carolina’s wacky 8-5 win over the NY Rangers (Canes Country)
- It wasn’t a very good day for the goalies, but The Toronto Maple Leafs outlasted the Chicago Blackhawks by a 7-6 margin. (Pension Plan Puppets)
- Ilya Kovalchuk scored his 400th NHL assist and Alex Iafallo had two goals as the LA Kings doubled up the Detroit Red Wings in a 4-2 decision. (Jewels From The Crown)
Have a great rest of your holiday. Oilers are back in action on Thursday, but there’s plenty more here until then.