It’s been four days since the Oilers last played a regular season game. Fortunately for us, there’s hockey tomorrow. Also fortunate for us, it’s an early game. Dig it.
Let’s see what’s going on with the Oilers today.
Oilers projected lineup at BOS:— Jack Michaels (@EdmontonJack) October 10, 2018
- I expected Benning to get scratched after a rather lacklustre performance on Saturday. Nope, they’ve got him with (checks notes)...Jason Garrison. Ship it.
- “Kris Russell back on the second line” is not a thought I wanted to have, much less this early in the season. We’ve gone through this once or twice (twenty times) already, Russell’s got to be on that sweet sweet sheltered third pair for this to work.
- Evan Bouchard looks to be a healthy scratch tomorrow.
- Ditto Kyle Brodziak, who didn’t have a great start.
- Fine with Jujhar as 4C, but exactly what did Jesse Puljujarvi do in order to earn a demotion? Was it the penalty at the start of the second period against New Jersey? Aren’t we starting this train a little early this year?
- Top two lines look unchanged, which is to be expected.
- Cam Talbot should start tomorrow in Boston.
- UPDATE: Looks like Todd has revamped some of the line choices he made on Wednesday. Puljujarvi was skating with Strome and Caggiula on Thursday, while Tobias Rieder, Jujhar Khaira and Zack Kassian were a trio.