Edmonton Oilers (5-1-0) vs.
Carolina Hurricanes (4-1-0)
Wednesday, 27 September 2017
7 PM MDT
SaskTel Centre, SK
TV: Stream on OilersTV (AB, SK, NWT)
Radio: 630 CHED
Oil tonight:— Jason Gregor (@JasonGregor) September 27, 2017
Oilers have just one preseason game after tonight, so you’re going to start seeing more of an NHL roster tonight and Saturday versus Vancouver. They’ll take on the Carolina Hurricanes in Saskatoon after the Hurricanes dunked on the Oilers by a 6-2 margin on Monday nights.
- Oilers have moved the lines around a bit today. Excited to see the top line of 19-97-56, while Jesse Puljujarvi starts out on line two with Leon and Looch. There’s no Jujhar this game, and I think he’ll be on the fourth line come next week. Yohann Auvitu is scheduled to start with Adam Larsson, I can’t call that anything other than ‘interesting’.
- Laurent Brossoit will start for the Oilers in net.
- The Oilers have got to do better on penalty killing (they were 3/6 on Monday). The zebras are calling everything and anything this preseason, and will probably call everything for the first dozen games in the regular season if tradition holds up.
- An ankle injury is going to put Anton Slepyshev on the IR to open the year. There’s a real chance both Jesse Puljujarvi and Kailer Yamamoto make the 23 man roster to start the season.
FOR THE HURRICANES
- If they can start tonight like they did on Monday, it will be another long night for the Oilers. Edmonton could muster just one shot in the first ten minutes. Their second shot came over five minutes later.
- The Hurricanes scored early and they scored often, picking up two goals from Teuvo Teravainen in the first. Fortunately for the Oilers, Teravainen isn’t in tonight.
- Cam Ward is scheduled to get the start in goal for the Hurricanes. This is good for the Oilers because Ward’s better days are clearly behind him. The Saskatoon native hasn’t had a SV% higher than .910 in six years (2011-12).