Carolina Hurricanes (3-1-0) @
Edmonton Oilers (5-0-0)
Monday, 25 September 2017
7 PM MDT - Rogers Place
TV: Oilers TV (Stream in AB, SK and NWT)
Radio: 630 CHED
Patrick Maroon - Connor McDavid - Jesse Puljujarvi
Milan Lucic - Leon Draisaitl - Drake Caggiula
Jussi Jokinen - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Ryan Strome
Jujhar Khaira - Mark Letestu - Kailer Yamamoto
Oscar Klefbom - Adam Larsson
Kris Russell - Matt Benning
Dillon Simpson - Mark Fayne
Oilers are icing a nearly full NHL lineup tonight as the Hurricanes are in town. Edmonton hasn’t lost in the preseason, and they look to continue their fictitious point streak into October.
- The top line of Maroon-McDavid-Puljujarvi excites me very much. By now, you’re well aware of how Puljujarvi got a first line bump on Saturday, picking up three points in the process (2-1-3). It was just one game, and it’s perfectly possible that Puljujarvi just had a bit of puck luck. I’m hoping it’s more than that.
- Kailer Yamamoto has killed it this preseason going 4-1-5 in four games. He’s on a line with Jujhar Khaira and Mark Letestu. The more I see Yamamoto handling his business, the more I try talking myself into him getting a few games during the regular season.
- TWO OUT OF THREE AIN’T BAD - A defence pairing of 77/6 will probably be your first pair when the season starts in nine days. If I’m a betting man, a pair of 4/83 will probably be your second pair when the season starts in nine days. Dillon Simpson and Mark Fayne have your third pair tonight, and I think they’re both gone in the next wave of cuts because the club’s got Darnell Nurse and Eric Gryba on that line. Make it happen out there, Mark Fayne.
FOR THE HURRICANES
- TEUVO TIME - Carolina will run with a top line of Teuvo Teravainen - Jordan Staal - Justin Williams. Williams had a PPG in Carolina’s last game, while Teuvo Teravainen has three points (1-2-3) in two preseason games.
- Carolina is going to be a vastly improved team in 2017-18. They’re rolling with a top D-line of Jaccob Slavin and Justin Falk tonight. Slavin’s offseason saw him sign a seven year extension valued at 5.3MM a year. He’ll be a fixture for the Hurricanes for years.
- Scott Darling will start for Carolina in net.
- I’m not quite over 2006 yet.