Winnipeg Jets (0-2-1) @
Edmonton Oilers (4-0-0)
Saturday, September 23 2017
7 PM MDT - Rogers Place
TV: OilersTV (in AB, SK, NWT will link when provided), also TSN-3
Patrick Maroon – Connor McDavid – Ryan Strome
Jussi Jokinen – Ryan Nugent-Hopkins – Jesse Puljujarvi
Jujhar Khaira – Mark Letestu – Zack Kassian
Brad Malone – Chris Kelly – Patrick Russell
Kris Russell – Matt Benning
Darnell Nurse – Eric Gryba
Dillon Simpson – Caleb Jones
Oilers look to keep a perfect preseason record as struggling Jets visit Rogers Place.
- Three NHL lines and two NHL defensive pairs will take on a Jets squad with a fourth line, 3 NHL defencemen and nothing but prospects afterwards. With Cam Talbot in net, the Oilers need to just keep it together and the good times should roll.
- Kailer Yamamoto gets a night off, but his preseason’s been anything but pedestrian. Four goals (and an assist) in three games should keep him on the big club for at least a few more games.
- Jesse Puljujarvi is back tonight. He’ll start on a line with Jussi Jokinen and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Other than Connor McDavid, Puljujarvi will be the most-watched Oiler on the ice tonight.
- Kris Russell and Matt Benning are your likely second pairing when the season opens, they’re number one in your hearts tonight. Dillon Simpson and Caleb Jones round it all out.
FOR THE JETS
- Preseason doesn’t count. That’s good, because the Jets have scored a whopping two goals in three total games, including a mighty zero in their last game against Minnesota.
- It doesn’t get any easier for Winnipeg tonight. Their top line is their regular season fourth line (Shawn Matthias, Adam Lowry, Andrew Copp), and there’s a fair bit of Oiler firepower facing off against them.
- Dustin Byfuglien and Josh Morrissey and Jet newcomer Dmitry Kulikov are the regulars on Winnipeg’s blue line.
- Steve Mason will start between the pipes for Winnipeg
can we talk about the fact Paul Maurice once wore a Goofy tie on the bench? pic.twitter.com/weyWQqlsla— Jen (@NHLhistorygirl) September 8, 2017