- Split-squad action took place last night between the Oilers and the Flames. The Oilers held on to beat the Flames by a 5-4 margin after going up 5-2. Drake Caggiula had two goals in this one, and Kailer Yamamoto had a pretty goal that would eventually become the game-winner. Go on, have a look.
- In Edmonton, the Oilers took care of the by a 5-2 margin. Ryan Strome had his first preseason tally as a member of the Oilers. Things were so good that Flames defencemen were putting the puck in their own nets. The Oilers are in Winnipeg to take on the Jets tomorrow night. Catch it all here.
- Face-off violations are now being assessed two minute minors. It’s going to take some getting used to.
- Defenceman William Lagesson has been assigned to Djurgarden (SEL).
- After David Pastrnak’s new deal with the Bruins, it appears that the Oilers may have spent a touch too much on Leon Draisaitl’s new deal l (Jonathan Willis / The Atlantic)
- Over at the Oilers’ Rig, RexCodexLibris has been taking a look at some season projections for the Pacific. He’s got the Oilers right in the mix of things.
- MORE ON DEMERS - Some mixed emotions out there on Jamie McGinn for Jason Demers. Is there really any doubt that the Coyotes won this trade by leaps and bounds?