- Oiler rookies are facing off against an all-star team comprised of MacEwen Griffins and NAIT Ooks this evening. This replaces the Oiler Rookies / UofA game that took place around this time every year. Why did the U of A get bounced? Because, that’s why. Join us for a game thread tonight, we’ll make magic happen.
- Camp opens tomorrow! Split-squad game against the Flames takes place on Monday, followed by good old fashioned preseason action throughout September. We are ready.
- It’s the 13th of September, and Jaromir Jagr is still a free agent. Not really a link, but just a fact.
- Seattle is getting a ton of money pumped into Key Arena, which had previously been deemed uninhabitable or “difficult” for an NHL team by people like Bill Daly. I guess six hundred million dollars (US) changes that sort of thing.
- You know who has an arena ready to house an NHL team? Québec. It’s called le Centre Videotron and I’ve seen it before. I’m just sayin’.
- In a move all-too familiar to Oiler fans, Calgary Flames president Ken King announced that the Flames are no longer pursuing an new arena. Yeah yeah, save it. Wait until they get Lanny McDonald in Seattle wearing a cowboy hat at at Qwest Field. That thing will be inked in no time, and you’ll drop the puck in it beginning 2020.
- NHL 18 will be released on the PS4 and the Xbox One in two days. We are promised more than just a roster update in the latest incarnation. Let’s see what EA’s got for us.
- 23 more days until the regular season begins. Let’s go.