ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
The Oilers finished the YoungStars tournament a perfect 3-0 after knocking off the Vancouver YoungStars in overtime 5-4. Vancouver leapt to a 2-0 lead on two goals from Canucks prospect Michael Carcone. The Oilers would score the next four goals, including two from Joseph Gambardella. Ostap Safin would make it 4-2 before the Oilers would get into penalty trouble in the third.
Vancouver would make it 4-all. A 3-on-3 overtime would ensue, when Kirill Maksimov buried the game winner with two minutes and change remaining. The Oilers end the YoungStars tournament a perfect 3-0 for the second consecutive year.
Speaking of Ziyat Paigin His name literally means Oil-man.— M. (@MoeMesa) September 11, 2017
- OIL MAN. That’s gonna stick.
- Goaltender Shane Starrett turned aside 42 of 46 shots. That’s a lot of work in any game, much less a prospects game.
- Kailer Yamamoto comes as advertised. You’re going to hear about how he’s tiny and will need to put on a ton of weight, but he’s a slick skater with a quick release who gets alone in the front of the net. He’ll probably be 180 or 185 before he’s in the lineup, calm down over there.
- Chad Butcher finishes his YoungStars tournament with seven points (3-4-7) in three games, including three versus the Canucks’ YoungStars. Might be one to watch in Bakersfield this year.
- Joseph Gambardella and Kirill Maksimov each finished with four. Ryan Mantha led Oiler defencemen with two.
Just three short days before training camp opens on September 14th. The Oilers rookies will take on an All-Star team comprised of MacEwen Griffins and the NAIT Ooks on Wednesday, the 13th. Get ready.