Monday mornings are great. Everybody loves ‘em.
Here’s some links of what’s going around here, and in the rest of the NHL.
- The Top 25 Under 25 is set to return in two weeks. An annual tradition that was last compiled here in the summer of 2015, The Top 25 is a list of Oilers under age 25 that is put together by our staff. You can probably guess who number 1 will be. Maybe even number 2. After that, all bets are off. That’s set to kick off on July 31st, it will last throughout the majority of August.
- The Carolina Hurricanes are about to be sold for half a billion dollars. Just kidding. No one wants to buy the Carolina Hurricanes. Except the city of Hartford. They would buy the Carolina Hurricanes.
- The Hurricanes are having a really good offseason, though.
- The Avalanche could really use Cody Franson. So could the Oilers, at least for maybe a year.
- Dale Tallon is crazy for letting Jonathan Marchessault get selected in the expansion draft. Does Marchessault have another 30 goal season in him?
- Former Oiler Fred Brathwaite is now the goaltending coach on Long Island. They scooped Bucky too along with Doug Weight. Do they want Kevin Lowe?
- Matt Duchene’s name keeps popping up in trade talks. Does he make it to training camp in an Avalanche sweater?
- Finally, if the Oilers can’t sign Draisaitl long term, would you risk a bridge deal? Speeds makes the case.