- It was the Kings who emerged victorious in, a 3-2 shootout victory against the Leafs last night. Jonathan Quick had an especially impressive save on William Nylander to preserve two points, and the Kings are within four points of Calgary. Jarome Iginla made his Kings debut wearing number 88, but was unable to score.
- The Canucks are still awful. Man, that’s fun to write. The Sharks took care of Vancouver by a 3-1 score last night. The Sharks are doing their best to run away with the division, and Vancouver might end up behind Arizona by the time the year’s up. Conversely, Alexandre Burrows scored both goals in Ottawa’s 2-1 victory over Colorado.
- TONIGHT - Leafs are in Anaheim to take on the Ducks, while the Coyotes visit Carolina.
- 19 TO GO - It’s time to start looking at the possibilities of playing after the regular season. I’ve avoided saying the P word partially because until we see the little X next to the team’s name, nothing is certain. The Oilers have 76 points, they’re second in the Pacific, and all the arrows are pointing in the right direction. There are 19 games left. If they can win 7 games (or more), we can get the bottles ready. I am here to tell you that if and when that moment happens, you’re going to want to take the week off.
- Our newest contributor Shane has compiled nearly 1000 words for your pleasure on Ryan Mantha. Mantha was signed by the Oilers to an ELC on Wednesday, and you can saturate your every desire for information by checking Shane’s column out here.
Edmonton Oilers Open Thread: Between Two Games
Oilers get back in action tomorrow night against Detroit. How’s the Pacific Division looking?