|35-32-7, 77 points, 1.04 p/g||Ranks||41-25-9, 91 points, 1.214 p/g|
|Central Division - 7th||Pacific Division - 2nd|
|21st||Points per Game||10th|
|5th||Shots on Goal||8th|
|5th||Goals Against per Game||8th|
It Is Time
I'm not going to spin a lengthy yarn here, but the Oilers are going to the playoffs if they defeat the Kings tonight. For the first time in eleven years, everyone gets to see a little sunlight with a victory tonight. If the Oilers do the deed tonight, my Wednesday is going to be a rough one.
Let's go to the tape.
The Oilers are saying
"If he doesn't play tomorrow, he'll certainly be available to us whenever we play again"
That's Oilers coach Todd McLellan on the status of Matthew Benning. Benning took a shot in the foot in Saturday's game against the Avalanche
If I'm reading McLellan right, it looks like Gryba is in the lineup tonight, and Benning next game.
The opponents are saying
"I've thought about it...I've definitely thought about it, but I don't know what I'm going to do. I've talked with my wife and my kids. I really genuinely don't know what next year holds. I'm just trying to enjoy this."-Source
That's Kings forward Jarome Iginla on his time with LA, and how his plans are unknown for next season at this time.
Iginla, 39, has four points (3-1-4) in eleven games since being traded to the Kings.
Have some of this
Connor McDavid is ridiculous. Gets off the bench, walks Drew Doughty pic.twitter.com/pgnM7duQDt— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) March 21, 2017
- For no other reason than I love watching Connor McDavid turnstile Drew Doughty, there it is. McDavid's got 88 points (26-62-88) in 75 games. He's got seven more to get to 100. It's only averaging just over two points per game, no sweat.
- Looks like Matt Hendricks will be back in the lineup tonight. Caggiula was on the right side in practice yesterday which would make Pakarinen the extra. Look for Eric 'The Sledgehammer' Gryba to go tonight if Matthew Benning gets the night off.
- Cam Talbot got a much needed and much deserved day off against the Avalanche. He'll be the one starting for Edmonton tonight (37-21-8, .920 SV% / 2.40 GAA / 7 SO). The Kings are playing the first of a back-to-back and are clinging to a tiny sliver of playoff hope. Expect Jonathan Quick (5-3-1, .920 SV% / 2.20 GAA / 1 SO)
- The Oilers will be without Tyler Pitlick (knee). The Kings will be without forward Nick Shore (upper body) and defenceman Matt Greene.(back)
- It's simple. Win tonight, and they're in. There's no better night to do it than on Fan Appreciation Night.