- Seven is a pretty good number for the Oilers lately. In last night’s game against Boston, the Oilers turned in seven more goals to top Boston 7-4. You’re going to hear a lot of reasons as to why the Oilers have started pumping goals into the net at a break-neck speed, but I’m hear to tell you, the answer clearly is Benoit Pouliot.
- Leon Draisaitl’s goal gives him 60 points on the year, which is the most ever by a German-born NHL player not named Dany Heatley.
- Did you see? The Oilers are back to third place with an equal number of games as Calgary and Anaheim. Most importantly, the top three in every division are playoff teams, and that’s exactly where the Oilers want to be. Hi, Calgary!
- Monster assist. Patrick Maroon had two goals, and is at 24 on the season. Milan Lucic had one as well, keeping his streak going at the right time.
- Oilers host Vancouver on Saturday as they look to keep the seven goal thing goin’ strong.