|27-31-10, 64 points, .942 p/g||Ranks||35-24-8, 78 points, 1.162 p/g|
|Central Division - 6th||Pacific Division - 4th|
|26th||Points per Game||12th|
|11th||Shots on Goal||11th|
|29th||Goals Against per Game||12th|
Cam Talbot played 54 minutes of shutout hockey before the Canadiens finally cashed in. Paul Byron knotted the score at 1-0, while Max Pacioretty scored on a weird bounce to give the Canadiens a 2-1 edge. Montréal would go on to score two empty net goals to seal the deal.
The Oilers' homestand isn't going quite as they had planned. At 1-2-1, it's allowed the Flames to roar up the standings. Three points out of their last eight has also put the Oilers into the Wild Card slot in the Western Conference.
Dallas comes into Edmonton on the heels of a 5-1 loss to San Jose. They've got the league's worst penalty kill and they've had trouble in net all season. Can the Oilers grab two badly needed points?
Let's go to the tape.
The Oilers are saying
"It's been talked about & debated... We'll likely give this group an opportunity again." Coach McLellan on possible #Oilers line shuffling
— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) March 13, 2017
67-97-14. What's the worst that could happen? For a game?
The opponents are saying
"It's embarrassing...It's hard to put into words. If you're going to play like that and have those numbers, you're not going to get too far."
That's Stars captain Jamie Benn on some numbers after Dallas' 5-1 loss to the Sharks.
Some of the numbers he's probably bickering about:
- Stars have allowed eleven shorthanded goals this season, most in the league
- Stars have allowed 221 goals in the league, tied for the most allowed with the Avalanche, who I'm pretty sure have been relegated to the ECHL this year
- Stars have allowed the most power play goals
- Stars have the worst SV%
- Stars have the league's worst PK (74.1%)
- They're also just 29th in GAA per game. Kind of a drag in Dallas right now.
Have some of this
- MUST WIN? In a word, yes. A loss won't put the Oilers out of playoff contention, but the Stars just aren't a good team in any way, shape or fashion.
- Tonight, the Oilers are playing to keep pace in the Wild Card race. A win gives them 81 points, one point behind the Flames. A loss keeps them within striking distance of St. Louis, who kindly took out the Kings last night.