Chicago Blackhawks (17-14-5)
Edmonton Oilers (17-18-2)
7 PM MDT
Rogers Place - Edmonton, Alberta
TV: Sportsnet 1
Radio: 630 CHED
SB Nation Opponent: Second City Hockey
Leon Draisaitl had a beautiful goal set up by Connor McDavid while shorthanded, while Jesse Puljujarvi and Jujhar Khaira each scored their seventh goals of the season, but it was Joel Armia had two goals for the Jets as Winnipeg plowed to a 4-3 victory over the Oilers on Wednesday night. The Oilers are one game below .500, but they’ve got four games at home to try and rectify that.
The Chicago Blackhawks are in town tonight after dropping a 5-2 decision to Vancouver last night. Can the Oilers take advantage of a tired Chicago club?
Let’s go to the tape., ing me a little bit in playoffs but it was the first playoffs in ten years," the defender, who has three goals and nine points in 33 games this year, said. "It's been a lot of medication and tough games but like I said, it feels a lot better now".
That’s Oilers defenceman Oscar Klefbom on his shoulder. Klefbom has been on IR for three games, he’s expected to be back in the lineup tonight.
If Klefbom’s shoulder has been the culprit of his early season woes, it answers a lot of questions.
The Blackhawks are saying
"I have to play way better than that and inspire with more big saves to get the offense going."
That’s Blackhawks goalie Anton Forsberg after Chicago’s 5-2 loss to the Vancouver Canucks last night. Vancouver forward Thomas Vanek had five points,
Corey Crawford has been placed on injured reserve with an upper-body injury. They’ve recalled Jeff Glass to backup Forsberg. Should Glass play tonight, it would be his first NHL game at age 32.
Have some of this
"I like the way he skates. I like his aggressiveness & assertiveness. We've talked to him & we'll have to see what we have there. He could be a utility guy." McLellan on @YohannAuvitu skating with forwards today— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) December 28, 2017
- AUVITU - You know that Klefbom’s back when they’re trying to give you the Philip Larsen treatment.
- JUJHAR TIME - Jujhar Khaira has seven goals on the season, including one that pulled the Oilers within one of the Jets on Wednesday. His promotion to the third line is well deserved.
- Chicago is in the middle of the pack in goals scored (2.92 per game, 13th overall). They fare a little better in goals allowed (2.72 per game, 8th overall). They’ve got a good PK, but their power play is nothing to make mention of. That’s good, because you know the deal about Edmonton’s PK.
- IN NET: Would be shocking if anyone other than Cam Talbot, was in net tonight for the Oilers (14-11-1, .907 SV% / 2.89 GAA 1 SO). Even though Anton Forsberg got the green light last night, I’d expect to see him in goal again tonight. (1-4-3, .909SV% / 3.13 GAA)
- SICK BAY: The Blackhawks are without Corey Crawford (upper body), Marian Hossa (allergies), Cody Franson (upper body) and Michal Roszival (upper body). Should Oscar Klefbom be back in the lineup tonight, the Oilers would not have anyone listed on the injury report.