New Jersey Devils (9-2-0) @
Edmonton Oilers (3-7-1)
Rogers Place - 7 PM
TV: Sportsnet (NHL Network in USA)
Radio: 630 CHED
New Jersey can keep a perfect road record with a victory tonight. Can the Oilers get back on track against the top team in the Metropolitan Division?
THE OILERS WILL WIN IF
- They can exploit some key injuries.. The Devils are without Travis Zajac (14-31-45 in 2016-17) and Kyle Palmieri (3-4-7 in 7 GP this year). Less firepower on their end? Good on our end.
- The Oilers get contributions from places other than the top line. Secondary scoring has been nearly zilch on this club.
- Special teams wake up. Okay, they woke up from a short nap last game when Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored a PP goal. They’ve still got a long way to go on the power play ranking 29th overall at a drab 5 for 38 success rate on the season.
THE DEVILS WILL WIN IF
- Cory Schneider continues his dominance. Schneider has posted a lofty .921SV% to start the season.
- The first line comes as advertised. Taylor Hall (3-12-15) alongside Nico Hischier (2-5-7) next to...Drew Stafford? (4-1-5). Stafford’s got to be there just to screw with MSM. #UncleBernie
- The rest of the offence continues to perform: Devils posting a robust 3.64 goals per game, good for third in the league. That’s up from 2.20 in 2016-17 (28th overall).
Time is starting to run out on the Oilers. Can they stop the bleeding tonight?