All the news that’s fit to complain about. It’s your Thursday edition of the Copper and Blue Hotlinks.
- What started with televised poker would eventually end in zero points. Evgeni Malkin’s goal midway through the third period gave the Penguins a 3-2 lead over the Oilers in last night’s game, and they never looked back. The Oilers are 3-7-1 in their first eleven, and it’s time to be concerned. Patrick has your review. (Copper and Blue)
- It hasn’t been a very good October for the Oilers. What do they have to do to turn this season around? Oilers Nerd Alert looks at what the Oilers have to do in their next ten (well, now nine) games in order to save their season (Oilers Nerd Alert).
- Sunil runs the numbers for the first month over at the Superfan. Possession numbers aren’t bad. Special teams? Not so hot, Al, (The Superfan / Checking In After the First Month)
- Jonathan Willis likes what he sees from Darnell Nurse, and him getting promoted to the top pair is just desserts. (Jonathan Willis / The Athletic)
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored his 100th career goal last night.
The Oilers are in trouble at 3-7-1. They’ll face off against a surging Devils club with eight wins in their first ten games on Friday night. The Oilers have got to start circling around, else they’ll be deep trouble come December.