Pittsburgh Penguins (7-5-1) @
Edmonton Oilers (3-6-1)
Rogers Place - 6:30 PM
TV: Sportsnet 360
Radio: 630 CHED
Looking to forget October, the Oilers open November facing a Penguins club with plenty of firepower.
THE OILERS WILL WIN IF
- Someone can score some damn goals. The Oilers have 22 goals in their first ten games. That’s not nearly enough when your team has Connor McDavid atop the roster. Help a man out here.
- Pittsburgh can’t shake their recent shellacking in Winnipeg. Winnipeg hung five on these brutes on Sunday. If the Oilers get out to an early lead, the Penguins will struggle to keep up.
- Special teams wake up. The Oilers are bottom three in the league on the power play as well as the penalty kill. Someone hand me some jumper cables and let’s get this Datsun moving.
THE PENGUINS WILL WIN IF
- They have short memories. Holy crap, Winnipeg killed these guys on Sunday when they got behind 5-0 in the first. If the Penguins put that in the past, they’ll face an Oilers club who can’t score to save themselves right now.
- Matt Murray turns in a better effort. Allowing four goals on nine shots is no way to go through life, son.
- They let the numbers do the talking: Pittsburgh is fourth in the league on the power play. You might have read about how the Oilers have struggled a minute ago.
Oilers have to start turning things around fast or else this will be a short regular season. It will actually be the same length as most regular seasons, it will just begin to feel like a very long one.