Washington Capitals (4-5-1) @
Edmonton Oilers (3-5-1)
Rogers Place - 8:00 PM
TV: CBC / Sportsnet One
Radio: 630 CHED
Edmonton looks to string two wins in a row after a five goal output against Dallas.
- The Oilers could use some more Draisaitl. Two assists for Leon on Thursday night, and if he’s paired with Connor McDavid again, his presence on offence will be appreciated.
- The penalty kill needs to catch up to the league average. Oilers yielded two more goals while shorthanded on Thursday, they sit dead last in the NHL while shorthanded with an underwhelming 70.3 success rate while on the kill.
- NO YAMMO? This is the second consecutive game that Kailer Yamamoto will sit out. If he’s not playing, he’s got to go back to Spokane. Otherwise, get him in.
FOR THE CAPITALS
- Like the Oilers, Washington hasn’t had a great open to their season. It’s not the fault of Alex Ovechkin (10-2-12), who is tied for ninth in the league in scoring. Side note: I can’t believe that Steven Stamkos leads the league with 21 points in 11 games.
- Washington’s defence will be headed by the likes of which you have never seen. When I say that, I mean actual players that you’ve probably never heard of. Take Cristian Djoos, and the effervescent Madison Bowey, and...hey, is that Taylor Chorney?
- Braden Holtby will get the nod for Washington tonight, who is beginning the first game of a back-to-back.
The Oilers can finish October with a four win October. Disappointing, but not nearly the disaster we all were thinking a week ago. Can they topple the Caps?