Sure Looks Good
Calgary did themselves no favors in their visit to Toronto as the Leafs got on top at the end of the first period and kept it that way. If they're not careful, Vancouver's hot breath is behind them by just one point (and with two games in hand). Los Angeles is right there, too.
IN THE PACIFIC
- Patrick Marleau had four goals in the third period last night to propel the Sharks to a 5-2 victory over the Colorado Avalanche, who should be relegated after this season. Sharks are two points ahead of the Oilers with a game in hand. The Sharks are in action tonight against the Jets.
- Anaheim also earned a couple of points in their 3-2 takedown of the Winnipeg Jets. Anaheim is three points ahead of the Oilers, the Oilers have one game in hand.
- BEARS REPEATING: Oilers are still nine points ahead of the Flames with a game in hand.
- Here's an ugly .gif of Flames rookie Matthew Tkachuk slew-footing (and butt-ending!) former Oiler and current Maple Leafs Martin Marincin at the buzzer last night. I'm not sure if this will earn him a phone call from the League today, but it's also not the first time we've seen this sort of garbage from young Tkachuk.
- The Oilers are in Anaheim tomorrow to take on the Ducks.