Connor McDavid had a goal and an assist in Edmonton's 3-2 victory over the Kings on Sunday night. Jordan Eberle and Jesse Puljujärvi had a goal, and that was enough for the Oilers as they topped the Kings at Kraft Hockeyville.
The Oilers begin a three game series at home to close out the preseason. You know the drill.
Anaheim Ducks @ Edmonton Oilers
7 PM MDT - Rogers Place
No TV - Radio 630 CHED
Stream Live on the Oilers' Website (in AB/SK/NT)
The opposition: Anaheim Calling
Benoit Pouliot - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jesse Puljujärvi
Patrick Maroon - Leon Draisaitl - Nail Yakupov
Matt Hendricks - Mark Letestu - Zack Kassian
Anton Slepyshev - Anton Lander - Tyler Pitlick
Oscar Klefbom - Adam Larsson
Dillon Simpson - Mark Fayne
Griffin Reinhart - Eric Gryba
- SLIGHT PROGRAM ADJUSTMENT: No McDavid. No Eberle, and No Lucic tonight. No kidding.
- REINHART: While listening to Oilers Now on 630 CHED this afternoon, Reid Wilkins suggested that Griffin Reinhart might not be the eighth or even ninth best defenceman on this Oilers team. I know you've been keeping score at home, but this is essentially the very same Oilers blue line but with Adam Larsson instead of Justin Schultz. Reinhart tries to jump three or four spots on the depth chart this evening as he pairs with Eric Gryba.
- YAKUPOV: Oh God, it never ends. If you believe what you read, you'll see that there's simply no space on this team for beleaguered Nail Yakupov. Some suggest that he'll be a healthy scratch come opening night, and that's a damn shame. Then, comes this nugget from Darren Dreger suggesting that Yak's current value is about the same as a crumpled newspaper. Yakupov gets a turn with Leon Draisaitl, who was rumoured to be starting on the right side after practice. Draisaitl will centre Maroon and Yakupov
- DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE IN THE LINEUP - Speaking of Patrick Maroon, good to see him back after what looked like an injury in the "weeks" range.
- GONE 'TIL NOVEMBER: Iiro Pakarinen wasn't as lucky as Patrick Maroon, as Pak suffered an injury to his leg after getting tied up with Matt Greene early against the Kings.
- DAVIDSON: This guy is going to be counted on for some significant minutes in 2016-17, so we all held our breath a bit when he went down after a headshot from LA's Tanner Pearson. Davidson is listed "day-to-day" by Todd McLellan, which is the best of a bad scenario. Pearson has an appointment with the Department of Player Safety, which is sure to be a good time.
- WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE POWER PLAY?: Preseason or not, you don't go an entire 5 on 3 without generating a shot on goal. Let's fight about it.