The Oilers are saying
"When it's 3-0 and a couple scramble goals go in, you have a tendency to sag. I thought in the third period he made some saves that allowed us to claw back in. I think he did a very good job of keeping it at three"
That's Oilers Head Coach Todd McLellan on Ben Scrivens' play against Winnipeg
Coach has some good words for Ben Scrivens after last night's 4-3 OT win in the 'Peg. Scrivens turned aside 31 of 34 Winnipeg shots, including 11 in the third.
The Opponent is saying
"Not to the point where I'm counting down the days, but it's something that's in the back of my mind. I knew it would be fun, and I kind of had my fingers crossed I'd be a part of it." Source
That's Wild netminder Darcy Kuemper on his projected start in Saskatoon
It's a homecoming of sorts for Darcy Kuemper, who estimates he has "about 50" people who will be at the SaskTel Centre cheering him on. Kuemper is expected to fill in as Minnesota's backup this year after Devan Dubnyk's breakout season.
Have some of this
- Connor McDavid is scheduled to play today. Everyone can relax.
- ONE MORE TIME - This is the last game before the Oilers return home and make some cuts.
- BATTLE IN NET - Anders Nilsson will get the start for Edmonton. A solid outing today will apply some pressure to Ben Scrivens in the race for backup.
- GO TO THE NET - Lauri Korpikoski had a two point night, including an assist on Rob Klinkhammer's shorthanded goal in the third to tie it up. Minutes prior, Korpikoski had a tally of his own. Korpikoski's no doubt going to be a stalwart on the bottom six, and it's nice to see he and Klinkhammer score against a team with a few actual NHL players on it.
- THREE TO GO - After tonight, the Oilers have just three preseason games remaining. Just twelve days remain until the regular season. Not that I'm counting, or anything.