The Hendricks Connection
The Oilers are saying
"Tonight will be a good evaluating tool for us to use for Leon. (The Jets) have some size. They'll have a veteran lineup. He'll have to haul around Schiefele or Lowry probably most of the night, and he's going to play in the middle. He's going to play with Taylor tonight. Great opportunity for Leon to play what is his natural position with some pretty good linemates"
That's Oilers Head Coach Todd McLellan on using Leon Draisaitl every which way tonight.
Leon's going to get some action down the middle and some action on the wing. If Leon can hang in both spots, it'll be nice to have some real versatility on the ice should someone (inevitably) go down with an injury.
The Opponent is saying
"We make an assessment after two periods...based on how much work he's had. If he's been busy through two (periods), then I have no problem getting (Connor) Hellebuyck or (Eric) Comrie back into the end of another game. Source
- Happy Birthday, Joey Moss.
- SLASH - The Oilers are in
MinnesotaSaskatoon tomorrow to take on the Wild, and will likely be making some cuts shortly after. I'm not sure how many guys fall into the 'tweener' category right now, but I'm sure you can think of at least a couple of names.
- Ben Scrivens will get the start in goal tonight for the Oilers, as he tries to put his seal on the backup position. Anders Nilsson will start tomorrow against the Wild.
- Justin Schultz gets ridden like a bicycle around here many times, but it was nice seeing him score a goal on Wednesday. Also, I think this was nice too.
- 3-ON-3, PART II: The NHL's latest science project didn't yield an OT goal in Edmonton, so they'll try it again in Winnipeg. I'm waiting to see McDavid and Hall out there at the same time.
- Connor McDavid isn't playing tonight. But, he will play tomorrow.