- 14:13 GOAL - Patrik Elias scores from down low off of a good pass from Martin Havlat.
- 10:41 - Nail Yakupov and Steve Bernier collide at centre ice. Yakupov is escorted off the ice.
- 10:41 5v4 - Marek Zidlicky for roughing - Drawn by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- 8:41 5v5 - Penalty expires
- 5:37 - Justin Schultz tries to make a cross ice pass in the neutral zone and gives it away to Mike Cammalleri who gets a decent shot away
- 0:35 GOAL - After some good pressure by the Oilers, Jordan Eberle gets the puck in behind the net. He makes a nice pass to a streaking Oscar Klefbom who puts it past Cory Schneider.
- Yakupov returns to the game
- 18:20 5v4 - Adam Larsson for cross checking - Drawn by Eberle
- 16:20 5v5 - Penalty expires
- 14:38 - Derek Roy takes a shot from the faceoff dot but puts it off the post
- 8:30 5v4 - Larsson for delay of game (puck over glass)
- 8:23 - Yakupov takes a shot from the point that hits Iiro Pakarinen he goes off the ice immediately
- 7:15 GOAL - Third times the charm. Yakupov tried to make the right wing shot twice before. Finally on the third attempt he scores on the one timer.
- 5:07 4v5 - Andrew Ference for holding - Drawn by Elias
- 3:07 5v5 - Penalty expires
- 13:22 4v4 - Dainius Zubrus for holding - Pakarinen for embellishment
- 12:46 - Schultz grabs the puck and goes in behind the Devils’ net. He gets a good pass out to Nugent-Hopkins right infront but Schneider breaks it up
- 3:21 - A blocked shot bounces out to Eberle. He finds Teddy Purcell wide open and Purcell gets a clean break away. Purcell makes a move and goes to his backhand but Schneider stops him
- 1:32 EMPTY NET
This was once again one of those games that as an Oilers’ fan it’s really tough to decide what side you are on. On one hand it’s nice to see the Oilers’ win but on the other hand there isn’t much point in getting wins. This win put them within striking distance of 27th spot but a win is a win and win without some of their better players is also nice to see.
Tomorrow night the Oilers will face the New York Islanders, a team that we’ve long hoped the Oilers would become. This has been a really good season for the Islanders and it’s going to be another tough affair for the Oilers. Once again remember that the game is on the East Coast so it starts early. A 5:00PM start Edmonton time.