|9-1-0, 18 points, 1.8p/g||Ranks||3-7-0, 6 points, .6 p/g|
|Eastern Conference - 1st||Western Conference - 11th|
Wins Are Hard To Come By
Another loss for the Oilers, and we're at three in a row. Edmonton kept it within striking distance in Minnesota, but an egregiously poor play by Eric Gryba helped seal the deal for Minnesota 4-3. Some good things to take from this one - the McDavid - Yakupov line is still clicking. Iiro Pakarinen scored his first goal of the season, and Darnell Nurse didn't look out of place.
The Oilers have a tall drink of water tonight as the Habs come to Rexall Place all ornery from losing to Vancouver the other night. Have at it.
The Oilers are saying
"Obviously when you get to play with a guy like that it makes your job easier"
That's Oilers defenceman Darnell Nurse on being paired with Oscar Klefbom for his first NHL game of the season. Nurse scored his first goal of the season, and didn't look out of place. Forget about going back to Baskersfield. Save us all.
The opponents are saying
There are going to be a lot of familiar faces, but once the puck drops it's a game and I'm not going to be friendly out there, by any means.
- Cam Talbot (2-5-0, .909 SV% / 2.58 GAA) gets the start for the Oilers tonight, while Carey Price (7-1-0, .947 (!) / 1.75 GAA / 2 SO) will start. Price has been a wall so far for the Habs.
- IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN - Joey LaLeggia has been called up for the Oilers. Wait, no. Waiting for Steve Tambellini to try and call up Magnus Paajarvi again.
- SECONDARY SCORING IS ALSO NICE Iiro Pakarinen scored his first goal of the season on Tuesday. It wasn't pretty. It tied the game up. I'm a big fan of goals. You should be a big fan of Iiro Pakarinen.
- IS THE MCDAVID - YAKUPOV CONNECTION STILL A THING? It's the only thing. McDavid and Yakupov chalked up a point each on the power play as Taylor Hall scored his fourth goal of the year. Never want to come down, never want to put my feet flat down on the ground.
- Leon Draisaitl is on the top line with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Taylor Hall after Rob Klinkhammer will be held out with a wonky left knee after being drilled into the boards. It's Drasaitl's first appearance for the big club this year. No more injuries, you guys.
- For the Canadiens, Zack Kassian (suspension) and Michal Bournival (concussion) are out. (Matt Hendricks (foot) Jordan Eberle (shoulder), Griffin Reinhart (undisclosed, day-to-day) Justin Schultz (back) and Rob Klinkhammer (knee) are all out.